The Steering Committee is a tripartite high-level body that is responsible for the project’s strategic and political decision making. The Steering Committee is a platform for the BSLN Forum and a preparatory body for the “BSLN Political Agenda for Sustainable Labour Markets”.
The Steering Committee agrees on transnational strategies and activities. The Committee disseminates and addresses project results to the relevant international organisations and bodies of the Baltic Sea Region.
The Steering Committee consists of 3 employers, 3 employee representatives, 1 governmental representative and 1 politician. Each representative has an appointed deputy representative.
The Committee meets once or twice a year.
The work of the Committee is based on tripartite cooperation and social dialogue and aims at collective and unanimous decision making.
Article: A successful start for the BSLN Steering Committee
The Steering Committee consists of following persons:
1) Harri Taliga, President of the Confederations of Estonian Trade Unions EAKL,
Deputy: Andrzej Adamczyk, International Secretary of
2) Mikko Mäenpää, President of the Finnish Confederation of Professionals STTK,
Deputy: Wanja Lundby-Wedin, president of the
3) Uwe Polkaehn, President of the Confederation of German Trade Unions Northern Region (DGB-Nord),
Deputy: Ingo Schlüter, Vice President of the Confederation of German Trade Unions Northern Region (DGB-Nord),
1) Līga Menģelsone, General Director, Employers' Confederation of
2) Dr. Thomas Klischan, General Manager of Nordmetall, the employers association of the metal and electronics industry, Germany
Jan Lundin, Director General of the CBSS Secretariat
Deputy: Eduardas Borisovas, Deputy Director General of the CBSS
Franz Thönnes, MP, German Parliament, former Parliamentary State Secretary, Member of the Standing Committee of the Baltic Sea Parliamentary Conference